Fines Assist Clinic
Our Fines Assist Clinic is free and confidential service for anyone in Yarra who's got fines to sort out.
It doesn't matter how many you have or where things are, we can help you get on top of the situation.
Types of fines we can help with include:
- Traffic infringements (e.g. speeding, parking, running red lights tickets)
- Public transport (e.g. drinking or smoking on trains, no Myki, no concession card)
- Victoria Police fines (e.g. drunk in public and offensive language/behaviour)
- CityLink or Eastlink tolls
- Court fines
How it works
When you come in for a session we'll look at your fines, and talk about what's going on. From there, we work out the best way forward.
A session lasts an hour, and most clients need two or more. Don't forget, this service is free.
In between sessions, we' do the homework, including drafting letters or contracts.
We can also advocate on your behalf. This means we negotiate for you.
You may have valid reasons to pay less or no fines.
These are called special circumstances, and the court wants to hear these reasons.
Our service will identify if you qualify for special circumstances.
What to bring
You need to bring:
- identification,such as a driver’s license, healthcare card or passport.
Book a session
Phone 9948 8777
Drop in to book any time. The NJC is open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
About your Fines Assist team
Fines Assist is run by senior RMIT financial counselling students.
Students undergo comprehensive ongoing training and are supervised by Carlton/Financial Counsellors, NJC's onsite counseling service.