About Fines Assist
As a client of Fines Assist you will receive practical assistance and advocacy support to manage your fines.
You will be assisted by financial counselling and law students who work under the supervision of Carlton/Fitzroy Financial Counselling Services’ financial counsellors.
We will work with you until your issues are resolved, and can help you with:
- public transport fines (e.g. travelling without a valid Myki ticket, not having a concession card, smoking on railway premises or having an open liquor container, feet on seats)
- Victoria Police fines (e.g. drunk in a public place, offensive language/behaviour, using a mobile phone while driving, not wearing a seat belt)
- driving an unregistered vehicle and driving without a valid license
- Traffic Camera Office infringements (e.g. speeding, crossing a red light)
- toll fines from CityLink and EastLink
- court imposed fines
- failing to vote fines
- council fines (e.g. parking, failing to register your pet)
Anyone living in the City of Yarra can access these services to sort out issues that can be hard to resolve alone.
We operate on Fridays from 10am to 3pm.
To make an appointment, please call us on 9948 8777.
Fines Assist does not provide legal or financial advice.
About our Student Clinics
Fines Assist is part of our Student Clinics, which includes Forms & Advocacy and Wills & Wishes.
Student Clinic teams are made up of students from a number of Melbourne universities who gain valuable experience working with clients in a busy but supervised workplace.
We assist students to develop their administrative and case management skills and provide extensive training with our professional teams.
In this way, the students are job-ready before graduation, and residents of Yarra have free help to manage their affairs.
If you need any other services, your Fines Assist team can organise referrals to other service providers.