Artwork: Lucy Lucy, Charles Street, Collingwood
Housing support for you and your family
Whether you're attending the Neighbourhood Justice Centre for court or not, we can help you through your housing issue.
Our housing services include:
- Crisis accommodation assessment and referrals
- Keep your home assistance
- Rental information and referral for people at risk of homelessness
- Long-term housing assistance
- VCAT hearing support for social housing applicants
- Public housing application assistance
24/7 emergency housing
We don't offer 24/7 support but two Yarra-based organisations do:
- Safe Steps 24/7 family violence response. Contact 1800 015 188
- Launch Housing help. Contact 1800 825 955
Family violence housing assistance
Whether you are the victim-survivor or respondent, our specialist Family Violence services will assist you with your housing needs.
Migrant and Refugee services
We help people new to Australia to settle in to local life. When it comes to housing, we can provide you with:
- Information about how the housing market works
- Public housing assistance
- Assessment and referral to housing services
Help with paperwork
Our Forms & Advocacy Assist clinic can help you to complete your housing documents such as leases, bonds, and other important documents.
Our treatment and support services wrap around our clients. That is, we'll get you the help you need.
If you are attending our court, your main point of contact will be your duty lawyer and they can put you in touch with our other services.
Our Neighbourhood Justice Officer will also help you navigate the justice system, put you in touch with support and generally be here to help you.
And you can talk to the friendly Court Network Volunteer before, during and after court.
And remember, regardless of whether are attending our court or not, if you're a local Yarra resident, we can help you to find the right support.