Artwork: artist unknow. found on wall corner of Sackville Street and Hoddle Street Service Road, Collingwood
About victim support services
If you are the victim of crime we can assist you with emotional and practical support to get you back on your feet.
There's many ways we can help, including help to:
- liaise with police, solicitors, housing agencies, or medical professionals on your behalf
- link you to treatment and support services
- organise emergency accommodation referrals
- navigate the justice process.
- specialised trauma counselling
- re-establish feelings of safety
- regain power in your life
- reconnect with family, friends and your community
You may be able to get financial assistance from the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal or compensation from the offender through a civil action.
For more information contact:
- Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (External link)
- Law Institute of Victoria Referral Service (External link) (who can provide details of lawyers who can assist you)
- Your local Community Legal Centre (External link)
Wrapping support services around you
Our treatment and support services wrap around our clients. That is, we'll get you the help you need.
If you are attending our court, your main point of contact will be your duty lawyer and they can put you in touch with our other services.
Our Neighbourhood Justice Officer will also help you navigate the justice system, put you in touch with support and generally be here to help you.
And you can talk to the friendly Court Network Volunteers before, during and after court.
And remember, regardless of whether are attending our court or not, if you're a local Yarra resident, we can help you to find the right support.