Artwork: artist unknow. found on wall corner of Sackville Street and Hoddle Street Service Road, Collingwood
About victim support services
If you are the victim of crime we can assist you with emotional and practical support to get you back on your feet.
There's many ways we can help, including help to:
- liaise with police, solicitors, housing agencies, or medical professionals on your behalf
- link you to treatment and support services
- organise emergency accommodation referrals
- navigate the justice process.
- specialised trauma counselling
- re-establish feelings of safety
- regain power in your life
- reconnect with family, friends and your community
As a victim of crime, you may be able to get financial assistance from the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal or compensation from the offender through a civil action.
For more information contact:
- Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (External link)
- Law Institute of Victoria Referral Service (External link) (who can provide details of lawyers who can assist you)
- Your local Community Legal Centre (External link)
Wrapping support services around you
At the Neighbourhood Justice Centre, you'll get the right help from the right service, and as many or as few services are you need.
We also want to cut down on the number of times you have to tell your story or spend time in meetings, which is why a referral to one service is a referral to all.