Artwork: Lucy Lucy, Charles Street, Collingwood
Housing support for you and your family
Whether you are at our Centre for court or not, we can help you through your housing issue.
Our housing services include:
- Crisis accommodation assessment and referrals
- Keep your home assistance
- Rental information and referral for at risk of homelessness
- Long-term housing assistance
- VCAT hearing support for social housing applicants
- Public housing application assistance
24/7 emergency housing
Family violence housing assistance
Our specialist Family Violence services will assist you with your housing needs. You'll find all the information you need on our Family Violence page
Migrant and Refugee services
- Learn how the housing market works
- Public housing assistance
- Assessment and referral to housing services
Help with housing paperwork
Our Forms & Advocacy Assist clinic can help you to complete your housing documents. Find out how Forms & Advocacy can help you.
Wrap around care
We wrap our services around our clients.
This means you get the right help from the right people, and get as many or as few services as you need.
If you’re attending court your lawyer will be your main referral pathway to services.
But the following members of the NJC team may also refer you to Housing, and other services if necessary:
- NJC’s duty lawyers
- Neighbourhood Justice Officer
- Court Network volunteer
- Salvation Army Chaplain
The well-being of our community is important so even if you are not going to court, we can put you in touch with the right service.
For more information telephone 9948 8777 or visit the NJC at 241 Wellington St Collingwood Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.