Artwork: Lucy Lucy, Charles Street, Collingwood

Housing support for you and your family

Whether you are at our Centre for court or not, we can help you through your housing issue.

Our housing services include:

24/7  emergency housing

Family violence housing assistance

Our specialist Family Violence services will assist you with your housing needs. You'll find all the information you need on our Family Violence page (External link)

Migrant and Refugee services

  • Learn how the housing market works
  • Public housing assistance  
  • Assessment and referral to housing services

Help with housing paperwork

Our Forms & Advocacy Assist clinic can help you to complete your housing documents. Find out how Forms & Advocacy (External link) can help you.

    Wrap around care

    We wrap our services around our clients.

    This means you get the right help from the right people, and get as many or as few services as you need.

    If you’re attending court your lawyer will be your main referral pathway to services.

    But the following members of the NJC team may also refer you to Housing, and other services if necessary:

    • NJC’s duty lawyers
    • Magistrate
    • Neighbourhood Justice Officer  
    • Court Network volunteer
    • Salvation Army Chaplain

    Walk-in assistance

    The well-being of our community is important so even if you are not going to court, we can put you in touch with the right service.

    For more information telephone 9948 8777 or visit the NJC at 241 Wellington St Collingwood Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.