Artwork: Lucy Lucy, Charles Street, Collingwood
Housing support for you and your family
Whether you are at our Centre for court or not, we can help you through your housing issue.
Our housing services include:
- Crisis accommodation assessment and referrals
- Keep your home assistance
- Rental information and referral for people at risk of homelessness
- Long-term housing assistance
- VCAT hearing support for social housing applicants
- Public housing application assistance
24/7 emergency housing
- Safe Steps 24/7 family violence response. Contact 1800 015 188
- Launch Housing help. Contact 1800 825 955
Family violence housing assistance
Our specialist Family Violence services will assist you with your housing needs.
Migrant and Refugee services
We help people new to Australia to settle in to local life. Housing help includes:
- Information about how the housing market works
- Public housing assistance
- Assessment and referral to housing services
Help with paperwork
Our Forms & Advocacy Assist clinic can help you to complete your housing documents such as leases, bonds, and other important documents.
We wrap our treatment and support services around our clients. That is, our treatment and support services ensure you get the right help from the right service, and as many or as few services are you need.
If you are attend court at the Centre, your duty lawyer will be your main point of contact with any services you may need. You may also encounter our Neighbourhood Justice Officer, who is the link between the court, services, the client, and the community, and provides more intensive support interventions as well as referrals to other services.
Other people you may encounter are the Salvation Army Officer and Court Network volunteers, all of whom provide support before, during and after court.
If you do not have a court matter, and you're a local Yarra resident, we can help you to find the right service for you.