OUR COMMUNITY ADVISER PANEL
The Community Adviser Panel (CAP) is a register of people from the City of Yarra, who would like to help us improve access to justice for everyone in our community.
Everyone in our community is welcome to join.
The CAP is open to all members of the City of Yarra community, and welcomes the unique experiences and perspectives of:
- people living, working, or studying in the City of Yarra
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders with a strong connection to the City of Yarra
- representatives from community and cultural groups in the City of Yarra
- people who have used the NJC’s services in the past, but who no longer live in the City of Yarra
- representatives from local service providers and organisations in the City of Yarra
- people who operate a business in the City of Yarra.
We are interested in listening to your experiences and believe that community justice works better, and our community is safer and stronger, when there is a whole of community perspective in the planning and designing of our services and programs.
There will be many ways you can be involved, including:
- interviews to capture your experiences
- co-designing services and programs
- focus groups and workshops
- surveys and email feedback.
As a member, you will receive emails about opportunities to help us with our work. You can choose which activities you take part in.
Depending on the activity, participation could be a few minutes online to half a day.
We value your involvement and offer payments for most activities. Extra support is also available to make sure all members can participate.
If you would like to become a CAP member, please fill in our online Expression of Interest form by clicking here .
Please read our Terms of Reference before joining. This document will describe the CAP’s purpose, how it will operate, and how we will handle your personal information. You can find translations of this document below in the following languages:
If you would like to download the Expression of Interest form, you can do it here . The form includes instructions on how to send back the completed form to the NJC.
WHO DO I CONTACT?
If you would like more information, have any questions or need help filling out the form you can telephone the CAP Coordinator, Rebecca, on 9087 5739 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org